Clips with advice for blogging and writing, July 2010
Posted July 16, 2010on:
Once again, I have enough clips to make a compilation post of items that I have recently found to be inspirational or useful. Some of these ideas are things I would like to try out, and others are just reminders that are good for any blogger or writer. Anyhow, I just jot them here for me to remember.
- "How to keep inspired when blogging gets tough."
- Celestine Chua, in a guest post, writes "8 Habits of Highly Excellent Bloggers."
- Tara Gentile, in a guest post, gives us "Three Ideas for Moving Beyond List Posts: Creating an Experiential Blog." Other than the lists I make here for myself, I don't usually do list posts in my regular blogging, but this is still worth exploring. It's a reminder about reflection and experience.
From Write to Done:
- Katie Tallo, doing a guest spot, writes on "How to Win Friends and Influence Readers."
- Bamboo Forest, in a guest post, urges to "Elevate Your Writing By Using Well-Positioned Quotes."
From other miscellaneous places:
- John Chow writes "5 Blogging Myths That Are Killing Your Blog." I know that if I went by myth #2 (the one about no traffic or comments), I probably would have quit blogging a long time ago. I do it for more than the traffic, as my two readers know. (A hat tip to Stephen's Lighthouse).
- Via Docuticker, an interesting item on "Blogging While (Publicly) Employed." This is more about rights and issues, so it is an important read.